Sunday, May 11, 2008

Lagging behind

I feel like my life is a bit of a mess lately-- my room is a disaster, that somehow seems to be creeping into the hall and the bathroom as well.  In addition, I've now been at my parent's house for two+ months and I've yet to finish unpacking my boxes.  I also haven't figured out what I'm doing with my life.

On the other hand, I have been going regularly to a physical therapist to get my knee back on track from pain that I have in my Iliotibial band.  I feel stronger already, now realize that I LOVE massages (I fell in a deep crush on my therapist that first day he massaged my knee and leg.  Since then, I've learned to distinguish my feelings and now think that my crush is really only directed to those magnificent hands of his), and can feel the pain decreasing.  I've also been actively helping around the house, i.e., giving my brother rides to the University and work so that his own pained knee can heal, cooking dinner each night, and mowing the lawn,

I think when I began this blog, I was a little overzealous, or perhaps, overly ambitious.  I did note early on that I don't really finish what I start, so it is no wonder that I'm not so great about updating this blog very often.  I am also a bit of a perfectionist, so I don't want to write unless I feel I have something interesting or brilliant to say.  In the future, I'll try to just post, rather than waiting for inspiration to strike. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey now- don't give yourself such a hard time. There are times in all our lives when everything just seems slightly out of reach but it always seems to work itself out.
I would love to see more posts from you but don't put too much pressure on yourself. This is a good time to figure out what you want from life but in the meantime, take it easy and relax a little.
xoxoChristina