Sunday, August 10, 2008

Odds and Ends


My new favorite magazine these days (as I've somehow turned into a manic shopper) is Lucky Magazine.  I have been buying them on the newsstands, but recently signed up for a subscription.  I tear through each issue, using their helpful stickers to tag anything and everything that looks like something I would like.  Chances are I won't ever get around to buying these things, but the fashion designer in me pulls out the pictures and stores them away for later inspiration.

In the new September issue (with the lovely Mila Jovovich on the cover), I spied these pair of tights that I simply must have:

The fine print says that the hosiery is Hue by Tibi, but I'll be darned if I can find these particular pair anywhere (including the Hue website!)  I did, however find these on AlexBlake.com, which is the same site I picked up a pair of vintage-looking back-seamed black hose.



As I'm into all things vintage these days, I snapped up these patterns from the local fabric store the other day.  I'm excited about making these-- I just hope I can find a fabric that I like.





On a final note, I just recently stumbled upon Baby Snoopy while picking out greeting cards in the card store.  He is, as the name implies, Snoopy as a little pup.  I'm a dog lover, so I couldn't help but be suckered into their marketing scheme.  But seriously, look how cute he is-- don't you just want to scoop him up and give him a good cuddle?  (Oh, and there's a Baby Woodstock, too.  What will they think of next?)




No comments: