Friday, January 9, 2009

DIY Valentine for Charity

Hey folks-- I've been busy working on my Valentine for I've finished, though, and am ever so proud of my results!

This is what I came up with:
A kissing silhouette printed on red ticking and glued to cardstock

The inside of the card. I used a Charles Rennie Mackintosh-style font.

And I'm really proud of the envelope, which I sewed out of muslin and red ticking.
I put pin tucks down the front to add visual interest.
The envelope stays closed with the help of three buttons.

This Valentine, and others like it, will be sold at to raise money for charity. To read more about it (and get involved yourself), go here. To view other Valentines that people have made, be sure to check out the Flickr Fredflare Valentines for Charity Pool.


The beautiful and glammed said...

the kissing couple is beautiful! cool blog! x

The Editrix said...

Very nice! I love the buttons! :-)