Sunday, May 31, 2009

Day 4 in Istanbul-- Europe and Asia

Picture 74

Dress: Cache (thrifted)
Stockings: My Own
Shoes: Nine West '09

Last night I went out with my roommates. My flatmates, Alexandra and Anastasija (both models), were supposed to be spinning at this club in town. It was quite funny because neither of them spin, but the club promoted it as model night with DJ Alex and DJ Anastasija. When their time to go on came up, they went to the dj booth and pretended to spin, while the real dj stood next to them and did all the work. What a funny business this is!

I got to wear my little "ice-skating" dress that I picked up in a thrift store two weeks ago. I love it-- it has huge shoulder pads, which I notice are popping up everywhere in fashion right now. You can also see my new bangs that I'm sporting. I'm quite happy with this haircut!

Picnik collage

Yummy Turkish-style Tea and Food

We stayed out until 4am, so I slept in quite late. When I finally awoke, I noticed my roomie, Jeanne, getting dressed to go out, so I asked if I could tag along. We went with Koray (our booker) and Anastasija to the Asian side of Istanbul to a sort of a Turkish Bath. (How fun to go to one in Turkey!) After steaming ourselves, we had a nice lunch at the spa, and then we drove to the marina where Koray's friends took us out on a yacht to see Istanbul by sea.

We sailed around the Sea of Marmara and the along the Bosphorus Strait (which divides Europe and Asia), where we saw palaces and famous Mosques. It was quite a day! I am so charmed by this city now-- the history is amazing! I took tons of photos, and hopefully I will post some tomorrow. Until then, here is a little taste:

IMG_1840

The View of Sultanahment (Old City) from the Bosphorus Strait. On the left is the Blue Mosque and on the right is the Hagia Sophia.

XOXO,

8 comments:

Erin said...

it's beautiful!

Ad Tys said...

love it!
great post : )

Jen said...

Gorgeous dress!!!

hilary said...

Good thing we had that practice round at the Russian bath ;)

Pascal said...

Hi Elise,
Remember me, Pascal, seated near from you when flying from France to Istambul?
We were just coming back home last night, me and my daughter Helene.
It's a bit hard to come to work again but that's it, hollidays must to be ended at a time!
We've enjoyed our stay there -even too short-, and I can give you some tips about what places to go or not, I think, as people from there are not always so fair.
So if you want to spend no more than 20YTL for a good turkish and authentic diner, ask me and I'll tell you where! (during our first evening, we've spent 3 times this price for not a so good one!!!)
Have a good time and a nice wheather for coming days.
Cordially,
Pascal

Pascal said...

Sorry, my head is over, I've forgotten to leave any e-mail address to write me back. Here it is:
poncet.pascal@gmail.com

Liz Harrell said...

How fantastic! And I love the dress, although I cant remember the last time I stayed out until 4 am! Or even 1 am! :)

boubou said...

Bonjour ! I'm not sure but i think it's the first time i come across your blog, som im gonna visit it :)
well if you wanna be inspired by my collages or just dream, come and visit my blog :)
a bientot !
Boubouteatime xx