Saturday, September 4, 2010

Cover Girl

One of my favorite clients to work for is the McCall Pattern Company, who also owns Butterick and Vogue Patterns.  Everyone there is wonderful, and I have been working for them for a while, so they feel like family.  I also always thought it was a perfect fit-- I love sewing, and buy their patterns frequently.  Moreover, my great grandfather, who died in 1933, worked at McCall's as a printer.  It feels like things have come full circle!

If you happen to be in a fabric store anytime soon, you can see me on the back cover of the Fall 2010 Butterick catalogue.  I am on several of the patterns inside the book as well.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

In sewing-related news, yesterday after dropping my parents off at the Philadelphia Airport (they're off to Italy for vacation!), I took advantage of my proximity to the city to go to one of my favorite fabric stores.  After being relegated to the fabric-cum-craft stores in Delaware, it is indeed a divine experience to browse through the bolts of cloth in a real fabric store.  It is a strange thing indeed, but I derive true joy from examining and petting all of the different textiles and trims that they had on offer.

Photobucket

Just a peek in my buggy (that's the southern term for shopping cart, y'all) reveals some of the tempting delights that I treated myself to.  My modus operandi was to walk around and put everything in my cart that caught my eye.  Most of the fabrics I chose were wool, although I had a few satins as well.  I didn't purposely choose colors in the same colorways (the blues and the salmons), so I guess that is just what I am being drawn to these days.  I do have some projects in mind-- here's hoping that I'll be able to follow through.

XOXO,

4 comments:

rachael {imagine gnats} said...

the fabric store is my happy place!

Heather Klar said...

I saw you last week and meant to send you a note! I was at the JOann's in Annapolis and showed my mom the picture! And Laura has been modeling for them for awhile too, right? You look fantastic as always!!! Which Philly store? Jomar's?

emme said...

I always love going to the craft store...now I think I'm going to have to make a special trip just to see "you." :D

How neat is that?! You look lovely as always, Elise!

Inspired Kara said...

Loving the aprons!!!!