Tuesday, February 14, 2012

In Honor of Valentine's Day

"All love is sweet, Given or returned.  Common as light is love, And its familiar voice wearies not ever... They who inspire it most are fortunate, As I am now; but those who feel it most Are happier still."
~Percy Bysshe Shelley

List by Eero Saarinen of Aline Bernstein’s good qualities ca. 1954. Courtesy Princeton Architectural Press, all rights reserved. (via Abbey Goes Design Scouting)

I love this list sent from Eero Saarinen to his future wife New York Times art editor, Aline Bernstein.

Super cute print from n2design.  Available for purchase on Etsy.

Isn't this print cute?  One day I'll find a fella to have adventures with:)  Meanwhile, I'll just have to stick with my dear, dear friends.

Photobucket


And in honor of St. Valentine's Day, here's a little collage of couples I love.  Clockwise from top left: Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward, Julia and Paul Child, Diego Rivera and Frida Kahlo, and Abigail and John Adams.


H A P P Y V A L E N T I N E'S D A Y!

No comments: