Monday, April 22, 2013

Newark Symphony May Concert

I designed the flier for the May 10th and May 12th Newark Symphony concert which will be a performance of Verdi's Requiem.  I'm really bummed that I'm not playing in the orchestra for this concert as I'm sure it'll be powerful and amazing, but it's kinda hard to be in two places at the same time.  If you're in the Newark, Delaware area, by all means, buy tickets and support the Symphony.  The angel on the flier, by the way, is from a cemetery near Longwood Gardens that I always passed on my way to work at QVC.  I was captivated by the angel-- was she crying or in supplication to the Almighty?  When they asked me to design the flier, I knew immediately that I wanted to include her.



I also designed the flier for the March concert, which was a concert I did get to play in.



Best wishes to all of my Symphony friends.  I know you guys are going to kill it.  I really really wish I could be there to watch and enjoy the beautiful music.

No comments: