Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Return from South Carolina

Last week we loaded up our mini van with clothes and dogs (four) and headed south. After about thirteen hours of driving, my mom, dad, sister, and I arrived in South Carolina at Grandma's house. My parents would continue on to Orlando, Florida (another seven + hours) for the Ligonier Conference, but Erin and I stayed with Gran.

Here's what we did:
  • dogsitting
  • thrifting-- I'm hoping to start an Etsy store and sell some of my vintage wares.
  • cemetery-- We rambled through a Confederate cemetery. I happen to have about ten relatives buried there!
  • Twilight-- we bought the movie and watched it late one night. The film is HORRIBLE-- don't waste your money buying it. If you really must watch it, check it out from your local library.
  • Sookie Stackhouse-- my sister turned me on to the Sookie Stackhouse books. They're a series about vampires-- sort of who-done-it mysteries set in small-town Louisiana. There's an HBO series, True Blood, which are based on the books.
  • Yummy food-- one of the nice things about being in the south is the food I get to eat. I ate pulled pork sandwiches, sweet potato chips, fried okra, rutabagas, and other southern delicacies.

2 comments:

emme said...

Mmmm...sounds like so much fun! I hope you had a lovely time...

~Emily

TD-2243 said...

Yeah, I heard Twilight was terrible, but I wanted to see what you said. Don't let that ruin your taste for vampire films. There are plenty of good ones.