Thursday, November 4, 2010

Denim Shorts and Tights

I have spent the last six months living in a college town where the fashions leave something to be desired. All along the Main Street that is the center of our town are shops that sell cute and fashionable clothing. One wonders, though, how these stay in business, as most college students here seem to be quite happy to trudge along to class in oversized t-shirts/sweatshirts, jeans, and flip-flops or Uggs (depending upon the season). It's an eyesore!


I have been having a hard time adjusting to being here after having lived in some of the world's most fashionable cities (New York, Paris, Dubai, and Cape Town to name a few). I would like to think that I have toned things down, yet most days my outfit choices seem to elicit at least a few comments. I think of Vixen Vintage's post complaining about how everyone makes insipid comments about how she's dressed (her style, IMHO, is lovely!). She must have struck a chord as 90 people have commented so far, commiserating with her.


All that to say: this is what I wanted to wear to work today (pieced together via polyvore.com)

What I Want to Wear
I really love the denim-with-tights-look that seems to be in right now.


This is what I wore instead :( Not nearly as fun, but safer :)

Photobucket

White Knit Top: H&M 
White Tank with Spaghetti Straps: ??? 
Jeans: Delia's, Taylor fit 
Boots: from a vintage shop in Brooklyn

No comments: