Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Big 3-1

On Sunday my sister and I celebrated our 31st birthdays. It is hard to believe that I am firmly entrenched in my thirties; I don't feel that old, and yet, when I'm 80, I don't think I'll feel that old either.

Photobucket

To celebrate, my mom threw my sister and me a mini-party.  We ate delicious homemade vanilla ice cream with toppings like strawberries and mint.

Photobucket

I wore my shirt that I bought at the Delheim Winery in Stellenbosch, South Africa.  It was so nice to be able to spend the day with my family.  Last year, Erin and I were apart on our birthday.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

As I grow older, I am encouraged by these lines of my favorite poet:

No spring, nor summer beauty hath such grace
As I have seen in one autumnal face;
Young beauties force our love, and that's a rape;
This doth but counsel, yet you cannot scape. 
~John Donne, Elegy IX

XOXO,


Scalloped edge tutorial and tape images courtesy of the lovely Katrina Tan.

1 comment:

Carla said...

Happy belated birthday!! :)