Friday, December 5, 2008

Back in the city

I have left small town Delaware behind me and am now in the big city of New York where I shall reside for the month of December. I am happy to be here-- a realization that struck me as I wandered around the streets last night with my best girlfriend in tow. Delaware, it seems, was beginning to weigh me down, and I am so looking forward to a month spent with some of my favorite people in the world. It promises to be a busy month, what with me working with a new agency, and holiday parties, and catering on the side (I'm trying to pick up some extra cash this holiday season-- aren't we all?!?).

Me and my best friend, Corrie.

I got my first Christmas present of the season last night from Corrie, my bestie. About a month ago, she quizzed me with a ton of questions about my personal style, hobbies, and preferences. She wouldn't tell me why she wanted to know, but now it has all become clear: she has had a perfume created especially for me. It is called Por Tous Jours, which is old French for "For Always," a reference to a poesy ring that we both sport, and boasts scents of honeydew, melonade, and surf. It's quite a combination, and reminds me of one of my favorite bath products-- Bath and Body Works' Cucumber Melon bodywash, but in this case, it's "Cucumber Melon spends a day at the beach." I quite like it and the surf smell reminds me of my recent adventures in California, where I tried surfing. I really do love the scent, mostly because it has memories associated with it.

Me at the beach + Cucumber Melon = my new perfume


The 15th century reproduction poesy rings that Corrie and I share. The original can be seen at the Victoria and Albert Museum in London, England.

No comments: