Thursday, December 11, 2008

Lulu

A well dressed woman, even though her purse is painfully empty, can conquer the world.
~Louise Brooks



As always, you can click on any of the pictures above for a larger view.


I thought I would keep in the vein of things and do a post on one of my favorite 1920s leading ladies.

Who: Mary Louise Brooks, more commonly known by her stage name, Louise Brooks
Date of Birth: November 14, 1906

She was a dancer, model, and silent screen actress, known for her bobbed haircut. She starred in 17 silent films and is known for her work in Pandora's Box, Diary of a Lost Girl, and Prix de Beaute (Miss Europe).

She was the quintessential flapper-- epitomizing the brash behavior of women in the 1920s who bobbed their hair, smoked, drank, and treated sex casually.

Louise is absolutely exquisite-- you should definitely check out some of her films if you get a chance. She's one of my favorite actresses. She also has my dream haircut that I would totally get if 1. I was allowed to cut my hair (because I model, I'm not allowed to make drastic changes to my personal appearance without permission from my agency), and 2. I had Ms. Brooks' string bean body. I'm skinny, but I'm curvy-- I just don't think that haircut would suit me as well.

No comments: