Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas! Christmas! Christmas!


Despite the absence of money in my pocket this holiday season, I decided that my new (temporary) apartment here in the city could use some sprucing up for the holiday season. I passed this afternoon with two friends listening to the Sufjan Stevens Christmas album, cutting out REAL paper snowflakes (as opposed to the virtual ones I've been making online as of late), and making Christmas cards. I'm getting into the spirit of things this season, yet you wouldn't know it from our apartment, which is completely devoid of anything Christmas:(


Enter this little Christmas tree that I just bought online at RedEnvelope. It's perfect for Brooklyn-sized apartments (read: small), and even comes with lights and ornaments. How perfect is that? I'm also hoping that my bff, Corrie, and I can pretend to be elves and do a bit more decorating while my roommate, Tim, is out. We want to surprise him!

One of the blogs that I enjoy reading is called Fashionable Yet Frugal. The lady who writes it loves to shop (much like myself), but is also savvy about saving money. One of the things she's always recommending is a website called Ebates.com. You sign up and get a $10.00 gift card (I got mine for Sephora since I do a lot of shopping there), and then as you shop through their partner sites, you earn money. It's that simple: you shop through their site, and when it's all done, they'll cut you a check. It sounds too good to be true, I know, but Ms. Fashionable-Yet-Frugal promises that it works and even says that the checks come very quickly. It's probably not really worth it if you're not much of an internet shopper, however, if you are, it sounds like it could save you money.

If you do sign up, please click here. It'll take you directly to the site, and both you and I will get a $5 signing bonus.

No comments: