Saturday, April 11, 2009

No Makeup, No Retouching

It looks like I am heavy on the fashion-related posting this week.

I just read via Fashionology that French Elle, which hits newsstands on Saturday, will feature a host of celebrities all without makeup and without retouching. The photographs were shot by Peter Lindberg. The celebrities included are Eva Herzigova, Inès de la Fressange, Monica Bellucci, Sophie Marceau, Anne Parillaud, Karin Viard, Charlotte Rampling, and Chiara Mastroianni, with five more undisclosed celebrities inside the issue.

I think this is pretty exciting stuff. It's nice to see these women, who are considered the epitome of beauty (didn't Sophie Marceau just take your breath away in Braveheart?), looking, well, quite plain. Which isn't to say that they're not still beautiful, because they are, but their beauty looks much more obtainable without the Photoshop-ed standard we've all become accustomed to. Check out a few of the covers below.

SophieMarceau
Sophie Marceau


EvaHerzigova
Eva Herzigova


MonicaBellucci
Monica Bellucci

4 comments:

Mia said...

This is amazing! ^^ I love it! <3 They dont even look bad

emme said...

Interesting! :)

But I can't help but think that it looks like all three women have a similar shade of lipstick on. Hmmm....especially in photo #2. That doesn't look like a natural lip color to me. :)

~Emily

Mia said...

*Re*

Oh thank you SO much for your lovely comment! <3 It instantly cheered up my morning ^^

Yes I figured that I express myself better in English than in Swedish so I felt I had to write in both languages (Swedish because most my visitors come from this country - for now. I would like to go over to English entirely some day ^^ ).

I'm really happy you like my blog; I hope you'll stop by again sometime and pay me a visit! ^^ *hug*

Have a wonderful day!

elventryst said...

Emily, I think you may be right about the lip color. That, or it was freezing in the studio. I can think of no other reason for their lips to be that color.